14 Sep 2019: Official launch of Uptown at Farrer
7 Sep 2019: Preview of Uptown at Farrer
10 Jan 2017: Low Keng Huat purchased a residential with first storey commercial site at Perumal Road in Litte India for $174.08 million or $1,001 psf ppr.
Key Project Highlights:
– 2 towers but only 116 units for sale. One tower reserved as serviced apartments by developer, which shows the strong tenant demand in this area
– Next to Farrer Park MRT on North-east line
– Opposite City Square Mall and within 5 mins walk to Mustafa Centre
– Rare mixed development launch at fringe of CBD, just 2 stations to Dhoby Ghaut, 3 stations to Orchard and 4 stations to Raffles Place
Limited Phase 1 Prices (as at 25 Sep 2019):
2 BR Compact (516 sq ft) from $ 998,342
3 BR Compact (700 sq ft) from $ 1,299,143
3 BR Loft (829 sq ft) from $1,479,019
3BR (1001 sq ft) from $1,932,716
4BR Dual Key from $1,782,831
Uptown at Farrer Project Details
|Project Name||Uptown at Farrer|
|Location||2 Perumal Road|
|Developer||Low Keng Huat|
|Site Area||3,847.8 sq m|
|Tenure||99 years leasehold from 17th April 2017|
|Description||A mixed-development comprising a single 21-storey residential block with 116 exclusive units and 7 retail outlets next to an integrated 18-storey apartment tower serviced by Ascott,|
|Unit Mix||2 BR - 46 units|
3 BR - 56 units
4 BR - 13 units
5 BR - 1 unit
|Carparks||93 lots & 2 accessible lots|
|Expected TOP Date||Jan 2022|
Location of Uptown at Farrer
- Next to Farrer Park MRT station, direct service to Dhoby Ghaut (Orchard shopping street and SMU), Clarke Quay and Harbourfront
- Within 3 mins walk to City Square Mall and Mustafa Centre
- Proximity to Orchard Road, CBD and Marina Bay Financial Centre, which is within 10 mins drive away
- Within 1km to Hong Wen SChool, Farrer Park Primary and Staford Primary School
- Within 5 mins drive to Anglo-Chinese School (Junior), St Joseph’s institution, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, Lasalle College of Arts, Singapore Management University and School of the Arts Singapore
- Accessibility to CBD and upcoming commercial areas (Ophir-Rochor Corridor, Beach Road rejuvenation) make Farrer Park attractive for tenants
- Development of local amenities such as malls (Centrium Square, Arc 380) and medical facilities (Kallang Polyclinic and expansion of Farrer Park Medical Hub)
- Development of future residential estate in Farrer Park and Kampong area could mean future resale buyers that increases demand for this area
Kampong Bugis is located a stone’s throw from the Lavender, Kallang as well as Bendemeer MRT stations. The vision is for Kampong Bugis to become an attractive residential and recreational precinct that supports active mobility, environmental sustainability, and fosters community interaction. The Kallang Riverside Park will also be given a new lease of life as an attractive waterfront park for the community.
New Public Housing to be developed at Farrer Park
New housing at Farrer Park will open up more opportunities for those seeking to live closer to the city and their families staying in the area. Familiar landmarks, such as the Farrer Park Swimming Complex and the former boxing gym will be retained to preserve the sporting heritage of the area and inspire future generations of sportsmen. A sports field and park will also be integrated for community bonding.
Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital Expansion and new Kallang polyclinic
The expansion to the historic Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital (KWSH) was completed in 2017. The new 12-storey nursing home facility is co-located with a senior care centre which offers services such as dementia day care and rehabilitation. The 4 conserved old hospital blocks also feature a refurbished TCM Centre, Heritage Gallery and training facilities. The new Kallang Polyclinic building, adjacent to the KWSH, will be completed in 2020 to better meet the healthcare needs of the residents.
The private residential supply in the Farrer Park area are mainly made up of two types of projects: high-rise condominium projects and low-rise apartment projects. The low-rise apartment projects are predominantly made up of studio or 1BR unit types and have little facilities, which are different products from Uptown at Farrer.
Within 500m radius, there are only 4 other condominium projects: namely Sturdee View, Kerrisdale, City Square Residences and Sturdee Residences. And Uptown at Farrer is the nearest to the Farrer Park MRT Station on the North-East Line. This is a small estate with less than 2000 units. Demand of this area arises from being the residential estate nearest to CBD and Orchard on the North-east Line, from both home-owners as well as tenants.
Uptown at Farrer Developer
Low Keng Huat (Singapore) Limited (“LKHS”) is a builder established since 1969. Today, its business has grown to encompass building construction, property development, hotels and investments.
The Company, together with established business partners, had built numerous Landmarks in Singapore and developed many prestigious residential and commercial Projects, as main contractor and joint developer or on her own.
In addition, LKHS owns and operates deluxe hotels in Perth (Australia) under Duxton Hotel.